Arts in Education Auditorium Grant Guidelines
arts in education grants
The Arts in Education Program invites registered public and private schools in Anne Arundel County to apply for one (1) Residency and one (1) Auditorium Grant per school year. These grants are used to fund artistically driven educational programs. The ACAAC will only support funding for performers listed in the ACAAC Arts in Education Directory or those on the Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC) Arts in Education registry. All applications are reviewed by the Arts in Education Committee and funding for as many programs as possible is approved based on the annual budget. It is the responsibility of the applicant to book the artists and secure any additional funding that is needed. All applications must be completed in full with the requested supplemental materials to be considered. ACAAC grants received under the Arts in Education Program should be in the school’s newsletter, giving credit to the ACAAC, the MSAC, City of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. Please read the individual guidelines for each Grant.
Arts in Education Auditorium Grants fund auditorium style assemblies facilitated by registered Arts Council or MSAC artists. Each school may apply for one Auditorium Grant per school year.
GUIDELINES FOR AUDITORIUM GRANT APPLICATIONS
1. The Arts Council accepts applications for cultural and artistic presentations that take place in Anne Arundel County public schools and state approved private schools.
2. Applications must be received ON TIME through the GO Smart System on the Arts Council Website, www.acaac.org. Notification of acceptance will be sent via email.
3. The Arts Council will review all applications and approve funding for as many as possible. The school, its PTO/ PTA or other sources of support will be responsible for funding the balance of the programs.
4. The Arts Council will support presentations of the performers listed in the catalog or on the MSAC AiE registry, all of whom have been found to meet high educational goals and professional artistic standards.
5. Each school is eligible for one auditorium grant per school. Additional performances will be awarded if funding is available. Evening performances will not be supported.
6. It is the responsibility of each applicant to book the performer(s). The Arts Council will only issue a grant check after receiving a contract confirming the booking of an approved presentation.
7. The Arts Council grants received under the Art-in-Education Program should be acknowledged onn the School’s Website, and in its newsletter, giving credit to the Arts Council of Anne Arundel County, the Maryland State Arts Council and, City of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. The school should invite parents to attend performances whenever possible.
8. Schools must be able to provide tax ID when filling out application. NO EXCEPTIONS.
All grants must be applied for electronically through our website at www.acaac.org.
1. Click the green Grants button at the top of the Home Page.
2. Click Arts in Education Grant.
3. Choose Apply for Auditorium Grant.
4. If you need a tutorial on using the online grants system, click the ‘Go Smart Online Applicant Dashboard Tutorial.’